Reflection On The New Draft

Writing this reflection on my new draft about the complex and diverse effects of music on listeners has been a valuable and illuminating experience. In the process of composing this paper, I learned about the power of personal experiences and the ways in which they can shape our beliefs and understanding of the world. I also gained insight into the multifaceted and often misunderstood nature of music as an art form.

One of the key things that I learned while writing this essay is the importance of questioning and critically evaluating my own beliefs and biases. Growing up, I was strongly influenced by my father’s belief that music was inherently evil and should be avoided at all costs. This caused me to develop a negative perspective on music and limit my exposure to it. However, through my interactions with others and my own experiences, I began to realize that my belief was overly simplistic and flawed.

In terms of my writing process, I found it helpful to brainstorm and outline my ideas for the third time and a semester later before beginning to write. This allowed me to organize my thoughts and ensure that my essay had a clear and cohesive structure. I also tried to incorporate personal anecdotes and experiences to add depth and credibility to my arguments.

Looking back, I think that one thing I could have done better in my essay was to provide more examples of the positive effects of music on listeners. While I did discuss some of the ways in which music can serve as a source of self-expression and bring people together, I could have provided more specific examples to further illustrate these points. Additionally, I could have done more research to support my arguments and to provide a more comprehensive analysis of the topic.

I believe that this essay showcases my learning about the complex and diverse effects of music on listeners. It demonstrates my ability to reflect on my own beliefs and biases and to critically evaluate their validity. It also shows my willingness to explore new ideas and challenge my preconceptions.